To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic: Cors Geirch NNR  (Read 654 times)

Offline freedie

• Darter
Cors Geirch NNR
« on: July 05, 2016, 06:04:14 PM »
Managed to match my all-time daily species list from Cors Geirch NNR today with 16 species. Highly delighted, and helped by Dylan Edwards.  :tbup:

Offline larry wheatland

• Skimmer
Re: Cors Geirch NNR
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 08:26:35 PM »
Wow, sounds like a great site. What were the 16 species?

Offline freedie

• Darter
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 09:21:01 AM »
Both demoiselles, both bluetails, both blues (I mean Common and Azure!), both reds, 2 skimmers (K and B-t), 2 chasers (B-b and F-s), Emperor, Golden-ringed Dragonfly, Emerald Damselfly and Common Darter. Like you at Duchess Pond I am waiting for the Hawkers; but I will never see White-legged Damselfly or any of the "exotic" darters!

Offline freedie

• Darter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 09:40:34 AM »
Well at last I found a Common Hawker here yesterday.
If anyone is interested, I thought I would add that a few days ago, the number of Scarce Blue-tailed Damselflies outnumbered Blue-tailed Damselflies by quite a margin which I found unusual. None yesterday though in poor conditions for damsels.
Also, Small Red Damselflies are in far greater numbers and in several locations on the reserve.
If anyone holidays in North Wales I can strongly recommend this site. I would willingly show anyone around.

Offline Jerry

• Administrator
  • Emperor
    • UK Dragonflies
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 09:55:27 PM »
Managed to match my all-time daily species list from Cors Geirch NNR today with 16 species. Highly delighted, and helped by Dylan Edwards.  :tbup:

That's a great count for a day. Soon be time for the Common Hawkers at Priddy (Somerset), just hope we get a bit of sunshine soon.
Jerry

Offline freedie

• Darter
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 09:22:40 AM »
Yes, sunshine would help. I have now seen several Common Hawkers and my FfY Southern Hawker,
I looked at Cilan Headland nearby yesterday. At least 10 suitable pools; but the weather was so awful I saw no odonata at all   :cry:  A friend of mine has added Red-veined Darter at this site in the past, which was very gratifying for him as he had arranged for the ponds to be dug!

Offline freedie

• Darter
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 06:37:38 PM »
Well 15 spp today on Cors Geirch. Only one each Large and Small Red and common Blue Damselflies. No Common or Southern Hawker or Banded Demoiselle. So 18 on one site in one day IS possible with luck. Hardly any butterflies but lots of 5 spot Burnets mostly on Marsh Thistles. Red Kite as usual these days. I never made the money I deserved from "My Little Pony droppings" but at least the Black-tailed Skimmer liked it :)