To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic: iRecord - Dragonfly app  (Read 1201 times)

Offline ayjay

• Chaser
Re: iRecord - Dragonfly app
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 10:29:59 PM »
Good grief what a load of messing about!  You have more patience than me that's for sure :angry: lol

Do let us know what they say when you do won't you.  I'm eager to know what they say about it now.  I'm not sure what the benefit is, if any, by using that 'app' in any case other than seeing a picture of one.

Keep us posted  :tbup:

Linda

The reply at the time was:-

How strange that it is not showing you that, I have tried it on my phone and it works. I can pass this problem on to the makers.

As an alternative, go onto the iRecord App. Open the Browser Menu (on my phone that is the three dots in a vertical line which appears in the top right of the screen, on the same tab as the web address.) If it isn't there you can scroll the screen to the top to make it appear. Tap this and click on 'Add to Home Screen' or 'Add Shortcut'. This should work, I have tested it on my phone and it did.

I tried  "Add to home screen" (successfully) and left it at that as I was fed up with it all and I thought I'd wait for some dragons to appear before playing some more.

This afternoon (whilst out in the New Forest) I attempted to send in the details of the first Large reds I've seen this year. The app still opens in the browser so if there's no signal it just won't work, there wasn't, it didn't.

I left it until I got home and tried again and the app was almost unusable, switching between operations in the app often left me with a blank screen which I just turned off after a few minutes and started again later.

I eventually entered the records of what I'd seen but then could see no options to submit them.

I think they may just have to get by without my input.

The Butterfly app works just fine, a bit slow at times picking up the position with the GPS but that'll be a combination of the phone and the location.

Offline pdwinter

• Emperor
    • Patchwatching
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 09:42:06 PM »
Time to get the notebook and pencil back out, John!
Paul, Rownhams, Hants

Offline ayjay

• Chaser
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 09:40:17 PM »

Not so fast Paul.

I think I actually got it to work today: I opened it up when I got home to attempt to record the Azures I'd seen this afternoon and when "Download app" appeared on the screen all of my subsequent button pressing worked, (I did nothing different to before).

Now I just need to try it out in the Forest.

At least a dozen Azures at Holmsley Gravel Pit this afternoon, one loner and the rest were concentrated in about one sq. m of vegetation.

Offline ayjay

• Chaser
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 07:24:41 PM »

Not so fast Paul.

I think I actually got it to work today: I opened it up when I got home to attempt to record the Azures I'd seen this afternoon and when "Download app" appeared on the screen all of my subsequent button pressing worked, (I did nothing different to before).

Now I just need to try it out in the Forest.

At least a dozen Azures at Holmsley Gravel Pit this afternoon, one loner and the rest were concentrated in about one sq. m of vegetation.

OK, you win Paul: no signal at all today in Holmsley Inclosure (that's normal) and the app just wouldn't open.

I'm going to try sini5t3rs before I give up on the idea completely.

Someone at the Dragonfly Society should take a look at the Butterfly app and attempt to emulate that instead of the complicated pile of crap that they have come up with.

Offline freedie

• Darter
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 07:04:00 PM »
Despite the language, I agree 100%  :confused: :grin:

Offline ayjay

• Chaser
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 10:36:09 AM »
Despite the language, I agree 100%  :confused: :grin:

That was the polite version!  :rolleyes:

Offline freedie